Phone ico Customer Login login
Need Help?
Need help?


Complete your Hawaii divorce online

Protected by it`s over easy Satisfaction Guarantee


Laura A. Wasser

Laura Wasser is a Family Law Attorney with over 20 years of experience. Having handled a number of high-profile, high-net-worth divorce cases, Laura Wasser and her team have developed an intuitive and simple process for uncontested divorces available to everyone.

Do you qualify?

Please answer the following and click the "Continue" button.

Step 1

Determine your eligibility

Step 2

Complete the online interview

Step 1

Determine your eligibility

Step 3

Print your completed forms & instructions


In order to file for divorce in the State of Hawaii, the spouse filing for divorce must have lived in the state for three months. The divorce cannot be finalized until at least one spouse resided in the state for at least six months.


Hawaii recognizes no-fault grounds for divorce. An irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, living separate and apart without cohabitation for two years or legal separation without reconciliation are all grounds for no-fault divorce in the State of Hawaii.


Custody is awarded based upon preserving the best interests of the child, and can be awarded to one or both parents accordingly. Having legal custody in Hawaii entitles the parent to have input into the important decisions concerning the child's development. Typically, both parents are granted joint legal custody, with one parent as the primary residential (physical) custodian. It is possible, however, to have joint residential custody agreed upon or awarded by the court. Depending upon his or her level of maturity, the child's wishes concerning custody shall be given due weight by the court.


Hawaii’s child support guidelines apply in virtually every case, unless exceptional circumstances are present. Both parties’ gross incomes and certain child related expenses are considered when calculating child. The child support will continue until the child reaches eighteen years of age, and may extend through his or her secondary education.


The divorce should be filed with the Family Court of the circuit in which the applicant has resided for at least a three-month period.


The Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution shall facilitate the voluntary resolution of disputes. The parties may also opt for private mediation, which can be initiated at any time, before or after a divorce is filed.


Court filing fees are in addition to the cost of using it's over easy. This cost may vary by county. Please check with your local courthouse to determine the exact amount.

Common Questions