Phone ico Customer Login login
Need Help?
Need help?


Complete your Nebraska divorce online

Protected by it`s over easy Satisfaction Guarantee


Laura A. Wasser

Laura Wasser is a Family Law Attorney with over 20 years of experience. Having handled a number of high-profile, high-net-worth divorce cases, Laura Wasser and her team have developed an intuitive and simple process for uncontested divorces available to everyone.

Do you qualify?

Please answer the following and click the "Continue" button.

Step 1

Determine your eligibility

Step 2

Complete the online interview

Step 1

Determine your eligibility

Step 3

Print your completed forms & instructions


Before filing a divorce in Nebraska, either spouse must have been a resident of the state for at least one year. If the marriage ceremony was performed in Nebraska, and one spouse has resided in the state during the entire marriage, then that spouse can file for divorce.


The only ground for divorce in the State of Nebraska is the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.


As long as the parents are acting in the best interests of the children, the court will usually accept the parents' custody agreement. If the parents cannot come to some decision, the court will decide, or the matter will proceed to trial. Joint legal or physical custody may be agreed upon. Joint custody allows both parents to have direct input into important developmental decisions regarding the children; however, joint custody does not necessarily mean that the children will spend an equal amount of time with each parent.


Nebraska’s child support guidelines apply in virtually every case, unless special circumstances are present. Both parents’ gross incomes and certain child related expenses are taken into consideration when calculating the child support obligation. Child support will continue until the child reaches eighteen years of age, and may extend through the child’s secondary education.


A divorce proceeding in Nebraska may be filed in the District Court where one of the parties resides.


Nebraska has approved centers for dispute resolution, which may oversee contested issues in cases referred as either a pending court case or referred prior to the commencement of formal court proceedings. All parties involved must consent to such referral, in order for a referral to be effective. In order to proceed on an uncontested basis in court, the parties may submit any or all of their issues to mediation, prior to the initiation.


Court filing fees are in addition to the cost of using it's over easy. This cost may vary by county. Please check with your local courthouse to determine the exact amount.

Common Questions